Our careless use of energy has reached amazing levels. An average European uses enough energy to keep 60 light bulbs shining for every minute of their life. This manic consumption is easy to solve. We have total control over it. We choose what we use.From his blog:-
Here are just a few of the things we can all do straight away:
1) If you can afford it, install a rooftop solar water-heater. In China, where this technology is spreading fast, they are already harnessing the equivalent energy of 49 coal-fired plants. If you live in a block of flats, get together with your neighbours.
2) Bottled water has to go. It takes 70 million barrels of oil a year to make the bottles, and that’s before you’ve got the water out of the ground and flown it from Fuji to Fulham. Fill a reusable bottle before you leave home.
3) Think before you buy. A plasma- screen TV consumes four times as much energy as a normal TV.
4) Walk, cycle or take the train. Drive the most efficient car you can afford.
5) Install top-grade insulation and the latest fluorescent light bulbs. If everybody did this we could turn off all of our coal-fired stations tomorrow.
Amsterdam is the nearest hotel room to Copenhagen you can get. It also happens to be where I’m doing press for the new Groove Armada album.I wonder if he'd like to share with us how he got to Amsterdam.
Or how they went to Auckland.