Thursday 13 August 2009

#WeDon'tLoveTheNHS

I've been on Twitter looking at various people talking about the NHS and how much they love it.

"Without the NHS, my little boy would have died in premature birth".
"Because of the NHS, my gran had a hip operation".

Now look, you fucking idiots. It's not because of "The NHS" that those things happened. It's because you, me and everyone else in this country got money taken out of our pay packet. And as a tax contributor, I'd frankly appreciate a few #ILoveIndependentRamblings hashtags around, thank you.

The NHS don't even pioneer or do things better. Cancer survival rates are worse than Poland despite the fact that we spend much more (why don't we just send people to Poland for treatment?).

The NHS is actually a bit shit, to be frank. If you turn up and start expecting anything more than they are prepared to give you, you are treated like a cunt.

The problem is that most people in the UK think it's great because they've been repeatedly told how great it is. Most of them have no idea about systems in Germany, France or Switzerland that deliver better outcomes while providing universal coverage.

1 comment:

  1. "Most of them have no idea about systems in Germany, France or Switzerland that deliver better outcomes while providing universal coverage."

    I do! I do! Their systems are rather better. That's why I'd copy the best bits from them.

    ReplyDelete